Dr Ateeq Qureshi
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
- CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Royal College of Psychiatry, UK
- Specialist register of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, GMC UK
- Multi-lingual in English, Urdu, Kashmiri and Hindi
Dr Ateeq Qureshi is a senior Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with 15 years of experience in the UK National Health Service and 3 years in the Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE.
Dr Ateeq trained in London as a general psychiatrist before going on to specialist training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the prestigious St Mary’s training programme affiliated with Imperial College London.
After the award of CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Dr Ateeq worked as a consultant psychiatrist in an adolescent inpatient unit. He also led and developed a specialist Autism and behaviour therapy team which worked with children with challenging behaviours and provided second opinions for complex Autism presentations. Before joining the Priory Group, Dr Ateeq was the founding head of department of the Child and Adolescent Service at the Al Amal Hospital, Dubai.
Dr Ateeq is passionate about patient-centered collaborative care, involving the family and child at every step of the treatment journey.
He is keen on preventive care in mental health and promoting and building resilience in children and young people.
Dr Ateeq is a firm believer in a holistic multi-disciplinary approach incorporating biological, psychological, social and cultural aspects of assessment and therapy and works closely with his team to deliver the highest quality evidence-based care for the following conditions:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating Disorders
- Emerging Personality Disorders
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Tics/Tourette’s Syndrome
- Gaming Disorder/Internet Gaming Disorder
- Sleep disorders
Dr Ateeq has a special interest and expertise in the diagnosis of Autism in high functioning individuals and Autism in girls.
He also has a special interest in sleep disorders and the mental health impacts of social media and of video games and has lectured and presented at international conferences on these topics.