Dr Catherine Musa
- PhD Psychopathology, University of Paris
- MSc Clinical Psychology, University of Paris
- BSc Psychology, London University
- DHA licensed Psychologist
Dr Catherine Musa is a licensed clinical psychologist and psychotherapist with more than 20 years of experience in individual and group psychotherapy with children, adolescents and adults. She has worked in several public hospitals and in her own private practice in Paris, France and has been an external lecturer at the University of Paris and the French association of Cognitive and Behaviour therapy.
Dr Musa has also published research work in international scientific journals and written articles on various mental health subjects. She is the author of a self-help book on Borderline Personality Disorder (in French).
Dr Musa has a holistic, integrative approach to psychotherapy and believes that therapy should be tailored to suit each client’s individual needs and unique background. She is trained in many evidence-based psychotherapies, including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Relaxation techniques
- Mindfulness based mediation (MBSR &MBCT)
- Sandtray and Parental guidance (The Incredible Years)
Catherine Musa strongly believes that compassion and empathy are the key components of psychotherapy and she aims to provide a therapeutic environment where clients can feel safe, understood and accepted.
At Aspris Wellbeing Centre Dubai, Dr Musa works collaboratively within our expert multidisciplinary team, in treating a wide array of psychiatric conditions including:
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Trauma and Abuse)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Parenting skills