Dr. Ola Ahmed:
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority Regulatory (DHCR), Dubai, UAE
- Department of Health Abu Dhabi (DOH), Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australia
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), UK
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
Dr. Ola Ahmed is a bilingual (English and Arabic) Clinical Psychologist from Australia. Ola completed her clinical training and PhD at the University of New South Wales.
Ola has over 10 years of clinical experience practicing in Australia and the UAE, having worked with children, adolescents, and families in private practice, hospital settings and schools. Ola has a strong interest in teaching and research, and most recently held the position of Assistant Professor of Psychology at the Canadian University Dubai.
Ola uses evidence-based therapies in her clinical work and believes in tailoring interventions to the specific needs of each client and family. She is trained in the use of various therapeutic modalities, including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), mindfulness-based therapies, and Attachment-Focussed Family Therapy. She is also trained in the delivery of evidence-based group therapy programs targeting children's emotional, social, and behavioural wellbeing, including the Incredible Years programs. Ola is skilled in the use and interpretation of standardised assessments as part of cognitive, academic, and neurodevelopmental assessments.
Ola provides assessment and clinical support for a range of behavioural, emotional, and social difficulties that may present during childhood and adolescence. This includes:
- anxiety disorders
- mood disorders
- emotion-regulation difficulties
- conduct and behavioural disorders
- tics and repetitive body focused disorders
- trauma-related disorders.
Ola has a particular clinical interest in working with children presenting with neurodevelopmental differences, including Autism and ADHD. She greatly values the role of working with parents, caregivers, and teachers as part of providing holistic care to her clients.
- Australian Psychological Society, Member
- Australian Clinical Psychology Association, Member
- Australian Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy (AACBT), Member