- BA Psychology
- MA Clinical Psychology
- Trained EMDR Therapist
- French and Lebanese Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Trilingual (English, French and Arabic)
- License number: AH0323-20
- Lebanese Psychological Association (LPA), Lebanon
- EMDR Lebanon Association, Lebanon
Ghania Kabbara is a French-Lebanese licensed clinical psychologist; She obtained her Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology at Haigazian University in Lebanon and is a trained EMDR therapist. She is also trained in Trauma-Focused CBT for children and adolescents and continues to actively participate in conferences and workshops related to mental health.
Ghania has a wealth of cross-cultural experiences having worked with people from many nationalities, couples, and families from different cultural backgrounds. Ghania extends her services as a Clinical Psychologist to children, adolescents, and adults; counsels school age-children and their caregivers (teachers, parent), helps impart knowledge on parenting skills, and offers awareness sessions as needed.
In therapy, Ghania is a firm advocate for building an open-minded, empathetic and trustworthy client-therapist relationship, providing a safe and confidential space for her clients to talk and work through the difficulties and challenges they are facing.
In practice, Ghania uses an integrative approach to therapy, with a particular focus on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). She has almost a decade’s worth of experience in counseling clients with:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Trauma and Abuse)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality disorders
- Developmental Disorders (Communication disorders, Mental retardation, LD, Autism…)
- Behaviour disorders (ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder)
- Anxiety disorders (GAD, Panic, OCD, phobias…)
- Couple therapy
- Family therapy
- Parenting skills