Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reports to: Therapy Supervisor
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated Psychologist with a proven track record in achieving the very highest standards of quality.
Our Psychologist will provides Psychological treatment of adolescents, adults and their families with a wide variety of mental health problems. Manage, monitor and review a caseload through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of therapeutic interventions. Conduct both one-to-one and group counselling services to assist patients requiring therapeutic interventions.
Priory has a strong track record and approach to the continuous professional development of our professionals, and you will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, and well qualified team.
We believe the right candidate will find this post challenging, stimulating and rewarding, and will also find the UAE a wonderful place to live with an exceptional quality of life and standard of living
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the range and level of interventions, treatments and activities complies with relevant regulations
- Advises and informs guardians, relatives, and significant others of patients’ conditions and treatment
- Deliver psychotherapeutic interventions in various modalities – CBT, CFT, EMDR, Trauma focused CBT, DBT
- Organizes, provides and evaluates academic, personal, social and emotional counselling
- Builds a good rapport with patients and delivers effective counselling and feedback on progress
- Uses a variety of techniques to assist patients to reach their own resolutions or develops strategies to address and remedy their concern
- Provides one to one support therapy along with group support therapy
- Writes psychological assessment reports
- Contribute to the development of pathways within specialist areas and provide team guidance and training on suitable approaches including but not limited to supervision
- Completes records and all service monitoring requirements on time and to a high standard ensuring full compliance
- Maintains a high standard of knowledge in the subject area and continues to update this knowledge by attending CPD courses among others including but not limited to eating disorders
- Works and liaises with the Centre’s multidisciplinary team
- Attends team meetings, supervision sessions and training as required
- Referring clients to other healthcare professionals where appropriate
- Liaising with healthcare professionals as part of a health management team
- Other duties as may be delegated in line with the service provision.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- 2 years’ psychology experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology from an accredited university
- A Master’s degree in psychology or a Master’s degree in a specific branch of counselling
- A current relevant license/registration to practice as a Counsellor and or Psychologist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Arabic & English
- Good computer proficiency (eg. MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
How to apply
To apply for this role, please register your interest and email your CV to us, letting us know which role you wish to apply for at firstname.lastname@example.org