Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reports to: Lead Child Psychologist
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated, and inspirational Child Psychologist with a proven track record in achieving the very highest standards of quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the range and level of interventions, treatments and activities complies with the governing regulatory body
- Works with parents, carers, and other stakeholders to offer holistic care for children and young people
- Provides evidence-based interventions for a range of presentations, including emotional, behavioural, social, and developmental difficulties, evaluating the efficacy of these routinely
- Builds a good rapport with patients and families, and delivers effective counselling and feedback on progress
- Uses a variety of techniques to assist patients and families using goal-based approaches to intervention and support
- Provides individual, group, and family therapies as clinically indicated
- Writes comprehensive psychological assessment reports
- Completes records and all service monitoring requirements on time and to a high standard
- Maintains a high standard of knowledge in the subject area and continues to update this knowledge by attending CPD courses
- Works and liaises with the Centre’s multidisciplinary team
- Attends team meetings, supervision sessions and training as required
- Referring clients to other healthcare professionals where appropriate
- Liaising with healthcare professionals as part of a health management team
- Other duties as may be delegated in line with the service provision
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two years’ clinical experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from an accredited institute/college/university
- A Master’s degree in Psychology
- Comprehensive training in specific evidence-based therapeutic interventions such as CBT, DBT, MBT, ACT; and experience working within these frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in conducting psychoeducational and neurodevelopmental assessments
- A current license/registration to practice as a Psychologist within UAE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Good computer proficiency (eg. MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
Occasionally exposed to challenging situations, which heighten the physical, sensory and emotional demands of the role.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions;
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance;
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly with patients and staff.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please register your interest and email your CV to us, letting us know which role you wish to apply for at email@example.com