Don’t suffer in silence – get help for your anxiety today
Everyone can feel nervous and worried on occasions, but if you find that this is happening often and for a long period of time, it may be that you’re struggling with anxiety. The good news is that anxiety is treatable and you don’t have to struggle on your own. At Priory, we offer confidential treatment for anxiety at our wellbeing clinics in Dubai and Abu Dubai.
Our expert team of psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists provide personalised anxiety treatment and counselling in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, helping you address the causes of your anxiety, tackle your symptoms, and help you live your life to the full again.
Our highly skilled team have lots of experience in treating anxiety and can deliver a whole range of therapeutic techniques. We make sure that you’re placed at the centre of your treatment journey, which means you’ll receive bespoke treatment and can go on to achieve the best outcomes for you.
Don’t waste another day struggling with anxiety, contact us today to find out how we can help you on your road to recovery.
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a psychiatric condition that causes people to experience persistent fear, panic, worry or unease. Often, the worry that you feel isn’t proportionate to the actual threat or danger of the situation.
Without treatment, your anxiety can get worse and can have a negative impact on lots of different areas of your life, including your general health and wellbeing, and your ability to function in your day-to-day life.
Outpatient anxiety treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Our wellbeing centres deliver comprehensive anxiety treatment in Abu Dhabi or Dubai on a flexible outpatient basis. Our aim is to enable you to regain control of your life and achieve positive mental wellbeing.
Outpatient anxiety treatment at our wellbeing centres ensures:
- Flexible and convenient consulting hours, which fit in with your work and other commitments
- Fast access to high quality therapy
- Complete confidentiality and discretion
- Treatment from skilled experts
- Online therapy
At Priory, we can help you to learn effective strategies to cope with your anxiety, and also help you resolve any underlying problems which could be making your anxiety worse.
Anxiety counselling at either our Dubai or Abu Dhabi wellbeing centres may include:
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) – a widely used form of psychotherapy that aims to challenge and address unhealthy thought patterns
- Medication – usually antidepressants, that work to complement the CBT and other talking therapies
- Exposure therapy – reintroducing an individual to something that causes them anxiety, in carefully controlled steps
- 1:1 therapy for anxiety – therapy that takes place between you and an anxiety expert, allowing for a comprehensive and tailored treatment experience
- Group therapy for anxiety – group therapy takes place in a wider group of patients, which means you can share your thoughts, feelings and experiences, and receive support from people who are also struggling with their mental health
- Family therapy for anxiety – therapy that takes place with you and your family or loved ones. This helps you to have an open and honest conversation about your anxiety and learn how to support each other moving forwards
What are the signs and symptoms of anxiety?
Anxiety symptoms can vary from person to person, and also depend on the type of anxiety that you’re struggling with. However, the following are all signs that an anxiety disorder may be present:
Psychological symptoms of anxiety:
- Constantly feeling worried, fearful and on edge
- Panic attacks
- Anger and irritability
- Crying more than usual
- Feeling emotionally tired
- Poor judgement
Physical symptoms of anxiety:
- Shaking and palpitations
- Tightness of the chest
- Experiencing breathing difficulties
- Dry mouth
- Loose bowels and frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Muscle tension and tiredness
- Hot or cold flushes
- Weight loss or gain
- Increased or reduced sleep
What causes anxiety?
Research shows that there may be a number of things that can cause someone to develop anxiety. These include:
- Genes – having a close family member, such as a parent or a sibling, who struggles with anxiety, may make it more likely that you will go on to develop anxiety too
- Experiencing trauma or instability – this can reduce your ability to manage stress effectively, which can lead to you getting anxious
- Physical or mental health problems – if you already struggle with physical health conditions and or other psychiatric problems, this can make anxiety worse
- Other environmental factors – other stressful things going on in your life, such as bereavement, divorce, unemployment or financial difficulties, can also lead to you developing anxiety
What can I do to reduce my anxiety?
If you think you’re struggling with anxiety, the most important thing you can do to get back on track is to reach out for professional support. However, as well as getting professional help, there are a number of other practical steps that you can take to try and limit your anxiety symptoms:
- Limit the amount of caffeine you consume
- Exercise regularly
- Try to get enough sleep
- Avoid trying to do too much
- Make time for relaxation and activities you enjoy
- Make a list of all your worries and try to tackle each one in turn
- Ask yourself: “what’s the worst thing that could happen”?
What are the different types of anxiety?
Anxiety comes in lots of different forms and has a variety of symptoms. Different types of anxiety include:
- Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) – this causes you to worry constantly and find it impossible to relax, which prevents you enjoying your day-to-day life
- Social anxiety disorder – this type of anxiety causes you to feel distressed and anxious in situations that involve you being observed by, or interacting with, other people
- Panic disorder – panic disorder is characterised by unexpected episodes of severe anxiety that often occur alongside physical symptoms
- Specific phobias – this causes you to feel excessive fear in response to a specific object or situation
- Separation anxiety – separation anxiety causes you to feel distressed when you’re separated from a close attachment figure in your life (such as a parent or your husband/wife), or your home
How to get help for anxiety in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Priory have been treating anxiety in the UAE since 2017, at our specialist clinic in Dubai, We have recently opened a second Wellbeing Centre in Abu Dhabi. We now offer expert help for anxiety in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, at the following locations:
Anxiety treatment Dubai
Priory Wellbeing Centre Dubai
Dubai Healthcare City
Al Razi Building 64
Ground FloorOut Metha Road
Anxiety treatment Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Anxiety can be very debilitating and vastly reduce a persons enjoyment of life. Priory anxiety counselling psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists will support you to understand and overcome your anxiety. Call today to take the first steps towards recovery.
For further information call today on: (+971) 4 245 3800 or submit an enquiry form in confidence. We will provide you with details on all our treatments and offer help on how to manage your mental health at a time that suits you.