During these challenging and uncertain times, the effect of the current coronavirus pandemic is impacting society and changing our daily lives, locally and around the world. With new measures put in place to protect our health, such as social distancing and self-isolation, these may start to have a negative impact on our mental health.
Due to the new health guidelines on limiting face-to-face contact, Priory Wellbeing Centre Dubai has introduced a highly confidential online therapy service which can be offered to new and existing patients.
How do I get the best out of online therapy?
- Find your quiet space: Online therapy can be flexible, so book a time which works best for your schedule. If you have children at home, try to schedule your session at a time when your children can be cared for. Find a quiet space with the least background noise where you are less likely to be distracted or disturbed
- Remove any distractions: Switch off the notification settings on the device you are using so you can really focus. The least amount of distractions you have, the more you are likely to get from your session
- Prepare: Before your session, try to think about the points you would like to discuss with your therapist
- Take a deep breath: Make sure you are feeling relaxed and have given yourself the space and time to fit your session into your daily schedule. Taking a couple of deep breaths will help you to relax and the thoughts to flow more freely
- Treat online therapy like a face-to-face session At first, it may feel a little strange speaking to a therapist online, however, if you treat it as a face-to-face meeting, this can help you to feel more comfortable. Plan your session into your day as if you were attending a physical meeting with a therapist; give yourself time to get your thoughts together beforehand, make sure you have dressed and are feeling alert and fresh. Speak to your therapist as you would if you were in the same room, being honest and open during the discussion
- Keep it private: Using headphones will help to keep your conversation private to others who may be in your home or nearby, and help you to feel more relaxed
- Good connection: Make sure the place you choose to have your therapy has a stable internet connection to avoid disjointed conversations and connectivity issues
- Select the most appropriate tech: Using a bigger screen for your therapy such as a laptop or tablet, rather than a phone, will help you to see your therapist’s face clearly. This can help you to relax and feel like you are having a face-to-face appointment. Remember to test your devices audio and camera before you start your session
- Don’t expect perfection: It is likely that you will feel awkward at first. That is normal and it’s ok to feel that way. Once the conversation gets going, all will be ok, and you will soon feel more comfortable
- Therapy equipment: Make sure you have a pen and paper to note any information, or write down any questions. You may also want to prepare a glass of water or hot drink ready for your session
Accessing online therapy at Priory Wellbeing Centre Dubai
Our online mental health support offers access to expert specialists from the comfort of your own home. If you access our online therapy, you will benefit from the same high regulatory standards that you would receive at our wellbeing centre, and will be treated by highly trained therapists who are experts in their field.
This service is available by combining the expertise of our specialists and Zoom Healthcare – a highly secure, encrypted online telehealth platform, in order to provide quick access to mental health support during this challenging and difficult time.
By opting to book an online therapy session, you will have access to:
- Therapy sessions with a Priory therapist, in the comfort of your own home or somewhere else that is convenient for you
- Expert 1:1 psychiatric follow up and psychotherapy
- A secure HIPAA compliant service delivered through your mobile or tablet device with access to the internet
- The ability to engage with your therapist with appointment times that suit you best
- Day time, evening and weekend sessions available
- The choice to receive as many therapy sessions as you need or want
Find out more about online therapy
If you are interested in finding out more about the online therapy service at Priory Wellbeing Centre Dubai, you can complete an online enquiry form or call our admin team on (+971) 4 245 3800. You can also find out more here.