- BSc Mental Health Nurse
- MSc Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Practitioner (EMDR)
- Marriage and Couple Counsellor (completed all 3 levels of The Gottman Method – The Gottman Institute). At present, working towards full certification.
- Bilingual (English and Punjabi)
Mandeep is a UK trained psychotherapist with over nine years of experience, specializing in the fields of Cognitive and Behavior Therapy (CBT) Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Gottman Method for marriage and couple work. Mandeep’s experience includes over three years at Priory clinics in the UK and two years at the Priory Wellbeing Centre, Dubai. Mandeep has assessed and treated both adolescents and an adult population on an individual and group basis who are struggling with a multitude of mental health problems; predominately depression, anxiety-based disorders, trauma and addictions. She has delivered presentations and webinars on an array of issues to support the wider community including hospitals, cooperate companies and the educational industry.
Mandeep is fully accredited and a member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), EMDR UK, the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), and a Committee chair for the Middle East Psychological Association (MEPA).
Mandeep uses her vast experience in CBT and Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), employing both a Beckian and Ellis approach to appropriately assess her clients. This ensures Mandeep understands what the key issues are that clients are struggling with and collaboratively devise a formulation which enables clients to meet their goals. In therapy, Mandeep always recognizes the courage it takes for an individual to acknowledge their issues and seek support.
Mandeep aims to decrease mental health stigma and raise awareness on various mental health issues and has been a regular speaker on radio and television shows as well as contributing to numerous articles in the region.
Mandeep’s specialisms include:
- Anger management
- Addictions (Alcohol, Gambling, Drugs)
- Anxiety and Stress
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Couple and relationship issues
- Eating Disorders (Binge, Anorexia Nervosa)
- Gender Concerns
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Perinatal depression
- Personality Disorders (Borderline, Narcissistic, Histrionic types).
- Relationship and Marriage therapy